A complementary half-hour consultation, conducted by telephone or Skype. Contact us for an appointment, and see if our services are right for you. There is absolutely no obligation involved.
College Consulting for Creative Students
Our arts programs address the unique requirements for admission to visual arts, design or performing art programs at conservatories, liberal arts colleges and universities. PortfolioPrep offers each as a standalone program or in combination with our comprehensive offerings to provide complete college planning for creative students. All arts programs include a detailed proposal and statement of goals for the student, appropriate research, email updates following each meeting to parent/guardian, and a personal web page for student work and document storage.
Master Portfolio Preparation (all students)
• Receive constructive critiques of your current portfolio status and artistic development
• Develop plan for enhancement to showcase strengths and meet/exceed targeted college requirements
• Improve, build and edit portfolio content
• Determine the most advantageous art course selection at high school or other institutions
• Assignment of personalized creative projects, as needed to improve and augment portfolio content
• Assemble your portfolio: learn about styles, sources, mounting, matting, and labeling
• Preparation of artist’s statement and/or resume
• Interview strategies and preparation (optional).
Focuses on development of the original, or master portfolio. Ideally starts in fall of junior year and continues through senior year. Meetings are monthly during junior year and more frequent for seniors. Services and meeting hours are customized according to student needs.
Digital Portfolio Preparation (Junior/Senior)
• Photograph your original artwork, learning techniques for 2-D and 3-D art, plus output options
• Learn to create PDFs, scans, slides or prints from scanned art; plus resizing, color models, file formats
• Create an online portfolio site
• Streamline the application process with an e-portfolio. Learn about this cutting edge technology.
• Maximize your portfolio for multiple college applications
• Submit your completed applications
Focuses on artwork reproduction and digitization as required by various colleges. Ideally starts in spring of junior year and continues through senior year. Meetings are monthly during junior year and more frequent for seniors. Services and meeting hours are customized according to student needs.
• Hourly Consultation
Consultation is also available on an hourly basis.
For a detailed explanation of any of our programs, please see our FAQ page or contact us. We’ll explain the difference between programs, send you a detailed PDF, and help you decide what would work best for you. For comprehensive college admissions consulting, check here.